ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, August 18, 2017

The Man in the Arena

This is a nice defense of yours truly by Rabbi B at Men of the West. I don't ask for anyone to defend me, but I do appreciate those of every race, religion, and even creed who are willing to stand beside me, or even just hold their fire long enough to pay a modicum of respect.
There is an old saying that it’s the pioneers who take the arrows. This is most certainly true of Vox Day and perhaps ironically so, considering his Native American heritage. I think many would agree that Vox has certainly taken his fair share of arrows lately. Now, this may not qualify him as the undisputed leader of the Alt-right (and Vox is quite loathe to exalt or proclaim himself as a leader of anything), but I would argue that it certainly qualifies him as one of its unsung heroes.

Vox is simply a person who is committed to the truth; always has been and always will be, period. In Jewish parlance, he is a mensch. In an age where the truth is spun, disparaged, and cast to the ground to be trampled underfoot, Vox is not content to stand by and do nothing. Vox, to put it plainly, is a man who is valiant for the truth.

We find ourselves in a time where the end justifies the means and the truth be damned, and so Vox is not only going to be misunderstood and misrepresented due to his superior intellect for which many are simply no match, but even more so on account of the truths which he tirelessly expresses, champions, and defends day in and day out.

Because of his staunch commitment to the truth, he is inevitably going to make some enemies along the way and, consequently, he is going to be forced to endure and withstand a steady barrage of attacks from every quarter: the Left, the Right, the center, the cuckservatives, the neo-cons, the libertarians, the Alt-right, the Alt-lite, the you-fill-in-the-blank. There is no shortage of those who oppose the truth and who are unafraid and brazen enough to relentlessly attack the valiant vessels of the truth. Vox just happens to be such a vessel for a time such as this.
The thing that I always try to keep in mind is that the truth is what it is, regardless of what you, or I, or anyone else, happen to think. Now, we see as through through a glass, darkly. So, be as ruthlessly honest with yourself as you can, and all the rest will tend to fall in line on its own.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I don't expect ANYONE to agree with me on everything. How could I, when I don't always agree with my own ideas from five or ten years ago? What I expect is the aforementioned arrows, some merited, some not so much.

I don't really care about labels and parties and movements and such. What I care about is the underlying ideas that they represent, in some cases accurately, in some cases not accurately at all. Because ideas are how we understand the truth, and whatever small fragments of the Truth that we are capable of comprehending.

Labels:

93 Comments:

Blogger S1AL August 18, 2017 11:09 AM  

One of the primary reasons that I read here. No matter how much we may disagree, I never doubt that your goals and methods are based in integrity.

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. August 18, 2017 11:18 AM  

Rabbi B probably doesn't have to go back.

Blogger The Kurgan August 18, 2017 11:21 AM  

And yet he would like to.
Because Rabbi B is a mensch.

Anonymous Ator August 18, 2017 11:21 AM  

2. Let's keep Rabbi B and send Mitt Romney to Israel in his place.

Anonymous Looking Glass August 18, 2017 11:22 AM  

In response to the Lightstream that this relates to, VD & Cerno aren't even at strategically incorrect in their actions. Their tactical necessities have different time horizons. Much of the value of VD defending the Alt-Right and commencing the "Battle of the Sperg" (we'll find a better name for what we're calling this Nazi LARPer purge period) comes down to laying out a ground work for an ideologically viable future for many societies. The direct value of Omni-Nationalism is that it doesn't cause direct conflict between adherents of different nations. Being Anti-Imperialist and all.

Cerno & company have different tactical realities. For their strategic perspective, they're in low-level combat all of the time that contains a lot of traps. The valuable Alt-Right members got played at Cville. It was a tactical rout, but it can be a very valuable learning experience. Mostly as we now will build new Networks & Platforms.

However, because there is a New Right vs Alt-Right split, and a hard one, it creates a space for the GOP vs Dem refugees to setup shop. The #MAGA folks now have space, while the boomers can stay being "Conservatives". Political Identity still matters, and the New Right can now split a lot of the difference. (Mind you, it's going to be the Right-wing Workers Party + Friends, but that's okay for now.)

Anonymous Looking Glass August 18, 2017 11:24 AM  

@4 Ator

When I was making a Mitt Meme the other day, I realized: he really does have great hair & that was nearly his entire appeal.

But, yeah, Mitt has to go back. Though I'm not sure quite where yet.

Anonymous fop August 18, 2017 11:25 AM  

So brave. Truly the wokest of all woke rabbis. When he speaks, it's as if Judeo-Christ is speaking directly to me.

Blogger DeploraBard August 18, 2017 11:28 AM  

Rabbi B has a place at the round table.

Blogger darrenl August 18, 2017 11:29 AM  

Yes. I don't agree with you on many things, Vox...nut my sense of you (from behind this internet thing) is that you do week the truth. Because of that I do see you as an ally and will buy you a beer one day should the occasion arise.

Blogger darrenl August 18, 2017 11:30 AM  

...stupid phone autocorrect. Blast this thing. LOL

Blogger VD August 18, 2017 11:32 AM  

will buy you a beer one day should the occasion arise.

I think you mean "a nice bottle of prosecco or tempranillo."

Blogger The Remnant August 18, 2017 11:32 AM  

You're in good company. All of us who state truth -- no matter how quietly or politely -- are gaining enemies every day.

Blogger Nate August 18, 2017 11:32 AM  

Roll Damn Tide.

Anonymous Jeff August 18, 2017 11:34 AM  

As far as I can tell, VD is the only person standing up for the Alt Right at the moment.

Blogger DeploraBard August 18, 2017 11:37 AM  

6. Maybe back to the future; to his his personal Mormon planet where he will be his own new God of people with great hair and open borders.

Anonymous Man of the Atom August 18, 2017 11:39 AM  

Jeff wrote:As far as I can tell, VD is the only person standing up for the Alt Right at the moment.

While Jeff is dropping his pants for the AltLeft.

Blogger Giraffe August 18, 2017 11:42 AM  

We do appreciate you taking those arrows, chief.

Blogger DeploraBard August 18, 2017 11:47 AM  

Vox,
How significant an impact do you think it would make if you were officially the leader?

Anonymous Looking Glass August 18, 2017 11:52 AM  

@18 DeploraBard

Remember, it only took 12 and the "leader" was gone. Powerful ideas propel the world.

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) August 18, 2017 11:55 AM  

Remember, it only took 12 and the "leader" was gone. Powerful ideas propel the world.

We can't crucify vox

Blogger FALPhil August 18, 2017 11:55 AM  

@18

Careful there, bud. You need to understand leadership dynamics. There are two broad categories of leadership - formal and informal. VD is brilliant in the latter. To force him into the former would be tantamount to compromising the characteristics that make him a great contributor to the cause.

Excellent formal leaders are extremely expert in the art of compromise. I won't speak for anyone else, but, personally, I don't ever want VD to compromise.

Blogger Shimshon August 18, 2017 11:56 AM  

The Alt-Right is getting stronger. They know it.

https://qz.com/1056319/what-is-the-alt-right-a-linguistic-data-analysis-of-3-billion-reddit-comments-shows-a-disparate-group-that-is-quickly-uniting/

Blogger Mastermind August 18, 2017 11:57 AM  

His point 2 is wrong and a complete mess. I won't rehash the "are nazis left" debate, but even aside from that, Vox's 16 points are not the definition of the alt right. Vox has no more authority to define what is and isn't alt right than any other prominent figure associated with the movement. Particularly when Rabbi B brings up Richard Spencer, the guy who runs "altright.com" and who is credited with coining the term.

It would be more better to just say "I was wrong, it's ok to shoot right if etc. etc.".

Blogger James Dixon August 18, 2017 11:58 AM  

> It was a tactical rout, but it can be a very valuable learning experience.

Really? We may have our first martyr.

> But, yeah, Mitt has to go back. Though I'm not sure quite where yet.

When NYC secedes he can go to it.

> How significant an impact do you think it would make if you were officially the leader?

You really want to make Vox even more of a target then he already is? But the alt-right doesn't have leaders in that sense. There will come a time when it does, but that time isn't yet.

Blogger Mastermind August 18, 2017 11:59 AM  

@21 many of vox's previous comments are not fit for public consumption anyway. if vox tries to go mainstream he would be buried.

Blogger S1AL August 18, 2017 12:00 PM  

"We can't crucify vox"

Of course not. Scalping and impalement is much more culturally sensitive.

Blogger Salt August 18, 2017 12:01 PM  

The lesson of Gamergate - you too are a leader of the altRight.

Blogger DeploraBard August 18, 2017 12:01 PM  

21. I don't either, but his informal role is becoming more recognized, and the debate last night was pretty clear who is treading the path of truth.

Blogger Melampus the Seer August 18, 2017 12:02 PM  

Props and respect.

Blogger James Dixon August 18, 2017 12:04 PM  

> Vox's 16 points are not the definition of the alt right. Vox has no more authority to define what is and isn't alt right than any other prominent figure associated with the movement.


Really? And as not even a "prominent figure associated with the movement", what give you the authority to make that claim?

Anonymous GM August 18, 2017 12:06 PM  

The point you made in last night's periscope about Antifa and NatSoc being alternatives to the neo-liberal order, and that not being enough to make them Right wing, was obvious once stated, but also very clarifying. I know how you think, rightly, of left wing people coming over to the truth, but your articulation of the Alt-Right philosophy has helped me separate the wheat from the chaff in my own thinking, which was basically an incoherent mishmash of truth and falsehood that I picked up from the punk rock scene's transmission of anarchism.

I have always loved the truth, and I recognize that this is the key to everything that is good in my life. The last place where I'm struggling to bend the knee is to the Truth. But the process of getting closer, of just orbiting it, has already made me a better father and husband.

I'm not trying to turn you into the leader you don't want to be. I am my own man and I know it. But it cannot be that I am the only one who feels tremendous gratitude for what you do.

Blogger James Dixon August 18, 2017 12:08 PM  

> if vox tries to go mainstream he would be buried.

Computer Gaming World, nationally syndicated columns, WND columns, author of a number of fiction and non-fiction books, and the chief editor at an up and coming publishing house.

What is this "mainstream" of which you speak?

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. August 18, 2017 12:09 PM  

@23

May we review your taxonomy, please?

May the best taxonomy win.

Blogger VD August 18, 2017 12:16 PM  

Vox has no more authority to define what is and isn't alt right than any other prominent figure associated with the movement. Particularly when Rabbi B brings up Richard Spencer, the guy who runs "altright.com" and who is credited with coining the term.

27 languages. Authority's got nothin' to do with it. And Richard didn't coin the term. Paul Gottfried did.

Blogger Mastermind August 18, 2017 12:18 PM  

@33 I don't have a taxonomy and even if I did, it wouldn't matter because I'm a nobody. The general public (helped by the media), if they know about the alt right at all, primarily associate it with Richard Spencer and have no idea who vox is.

@32 Just because he used to be mainstream when he had no real out of the mainstream opinions penned to his name doesn't mean he can do the same now. How many people do you think are willing to hire a guy who talks about the evils of mudsharking and thinks blacks have lower IQs because of genetic differences? They would either not hire him at all or fire him as soon as the media digs up all the juicy quotes. Normies would run like the plague from being associated with a racist, etc. People have been buried for far less.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 18, 2017 12:18 PM  

The valuable Alt-Right members got played at Cville.

Who was that? I thought the Alt-Right as we talk about it here was pretty unscathed. The leaders who got played (or did the playing) were either Alt-Reich trying to claim the mantle of Alt-Right, or Alt-Lite who usually reject the name. (Or the "I just scraped the ImWithHer bumper sticker off my car last week but I'm totally woke and ready to lead you, fam" contingent.) I don't read many other Alt-Right writers, so whom did I miss?

Blogger VD August 18, 2017 12:19 PM  

if vox tries to go mainstream he would be buried.

So, you're saying I shouldn't talk to the folks from ABC News and Rolling Stone that contacted me again today?

You have no idea what you're talking about. And I turned down my shot to go media whore more than a decade ago. I have zero interest in playing talking head.

Anonymous Jeff Norris August 18, 2017 12:20 PM  

http://time.com/4906506/mitt-romney-president-trump-charlottesville/

Its bad when other republicans demand you apologize

Blogger VD August 18, 2017 12:20 PM  

The general public (helped by the media), if they know about the alt right at all, primarily associate it with Richard Spencer and have no idea who vox is.

And gamers are dead.

See, your mistake is that you not only think it matters what the media says, you think the media's Narrative is definitive.

It's not. And more importantly, it is protean.

Blogger James Dixon August 18, 2017 12:25 PM  

> it wouldn't matter because I'm a nobody.

Probably the only truthful thing you'll type today.

> the general public (helped by the media), if they know about the alt right at all, primarily associate it with Richard Spencer and have no idea who vox is.

It's the ideas that matter.


> Just because he used to be mainstream when he had no real out of the mainstream opinions penned to his name doesn't mean he can do the same now.

Who's going to stop him?

> Its bad when other republicans demand you apologize

Then it's been bad for almost 60 years. Oh, and we don't care.

Blogger Mastermind August 18, 2017 12:29 PM  

@30 I don't need authority to make an observation.

@34 People without any authority don't get 20+ free translations. And I never believed for a second Spencer coined the term. It's why I said "is credited". He owns the term, and the entire MSM will make sure he does.

Blogger JACIII August 18, 2017 12:30 PM  

VDAugust 18, 2017 11:32 AM
will buy you a beer one day should the occasion arise.

I think you mean "a nice bottle of prosecco or tempranillo ”

Objection: that would make it a date.

Anonymous Starbuck August 18, 2017 12:33 PM  

So, be as ruthlessly honest with yourself as you can, and all the rest will tend to fall in line on its own. - VD

This is great advice. However extremely difficult, at least for me. I needed God's help to be honest with myself. Sometimes I think I am being honest. Turns out I wasn't. What I also needed was God to be brutally honest with me about myself. It's not pretty. It's how I learned that mankind truly does need a Savior.

Blogger James Dixon August 18, 2017 12:34 PM  

> I don't need authority to make an observation.

Oh, good. That means I don't either. Observation: You're an idiot shill.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan August 18, 2017 12:35 PM  

Bannon now has time on his hands (out) maybe he can post here

Blogger slarrow August 18, 2017 12:37 PM  

Courage goes hand in hand with truth. If it didn't, you'd never know the truth because it would remain hidden. I appreciate Vox's courage and consider him an example to follow. (Probably has something to do with his long time-horizons and that whole Christianity thing, eh what?)

Thanks, Vox, for being in the arena. And thanks, Rabbi B, for the reminder of the importance of being in the arena.

Blogger Zaklog the Great August 18, 2017 12:37 PM  

One idea I've been struggling with for a while is what if we live in a Lovecraftian universe? I don't mean betentacled ancient monsters from beyond the stars. I mean what if the universe we live in is such that understanding the truth about it would destroy us, quickly or slowly.

For instance, atheism appears to be destroying the societies it takes hold in. But it is theoretically possible that atheists are right and there is no god. But if that's the case, knowing the truth apparently kills humanity. What ought we do then?

Blogger James Dixon August 18, 2017 12:39 PM  

> I needed God's help to be honest with myself.

We all do, Starbuck.

Anonymous Kapper August 18, 2017 12:40 PM  

@38 The late Sam Francis called the Republicans the Stupid Party. Mitt Romney is not a Republican, he's too stupid to even be part of the Stupid Party.

Blogger Melampus the Seer August 18, 2017 12:45 PM  

Mastermind, you lack a sense of decorum. There's plenty of posts where it's appropriate to offer criticism. On rare occasions I've done so. This little encomium isn't the right time and place for that sort of thing.

The first step to improvement is simply to recognize the situation in which you communicate. Many of your errors of judgment would be fixed by just that.

Blogger Mercy August 18, 2017 12:46 PM  

OT: Drudge is reporting Bannon is out.

Blogger pyrrhus August 18, 2017 12:48 PM  

If anything, Rabbi B understates your contributions. You are truly a classical, many-sided Man of the West, VD......

Anonymous RecoveringBeta August 18, 2017 12:49 PM  

Mormons also believe in a cave angel, soooo...Mecca?

Blogger pyrrhus August 18, 2017 12:50 PM  

@48 Amen to that.....

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. August 18, 2017 12:50 PM  

I don't have a taxonomy and even if I did, it wouldn't matter because I'm a nobody. The general public (helped by the media), if they know about the alt right at all, primarily associate it with Richard Spencer and have no idea who vox is.

Your poasts have a negative affect on my androgen levels.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother August 18, 2017 12:50 PM  

Mastermind,

Your claim that Vox doesn't have the authority to define the Alt-Right betrays your ignorance of the various forms of authority.

You aren't tall enough for this ride.

Anonymous Aeoli Pera August 18, 2017 12:50 PM  

Zaklog, there is no "ought" if the atheists are correct.

Blogger Cail Corishev August 18, 2017 12:51 PM  

OT: Drudge is reporting Bannon is out.

Again? Well, it's bound to be true one of these times, I guess.

Anonymous Aeoli Pera August 18, 2017 12:54 PM  

You (Zaklog) are wrestling with the same problem of nihilism as Nietzsche did.

Blogger Mastermind August 18, 2017 12:54 PM  

James Dixon, you're significantly dumber than me and aren't saying anything interesting. Read VD's replies to me and pay attention to the subtle way in which he changes my statements hoping I won't notice I'm being straw manned. That's what debate skill actually looks like. Goodbye.

@37 "The media wants to talk to me" doesn't make you mainstream. There's a David Duke CNN interview floating around on CNN. CNN did not interview him for his mainstream appeal, nor does he have any unrelated projects running (and if he did it wouldn't make him mainstream).

@39 Within the context I mentioned (the general public) the MSM is overwhelmingly the only thing that matters. You don't have the resources or organic reach to overcome that. Even among people who hate the MSM and don't trust it in general they will believe anything that doesn't sound controversial.

Anonymous Tipsy August 18, 2017 12:54 PM  

VD wrote:I have zero interest in playing talking head.

I'd pay good money to see you arguing policy on cable in full Indian headress.

Anonymous CarpeOro August 18, 2017 12:54 PM  

Looking Glass wrote:@18 DeploraBard

Remember, it only took 12 and the "leader" was gone. Powerful ideas propel the world.


No idea who or what your trying to confuse or convince here, or if your just confused. The broad majority of readers have faith that there is a God, so if your looking for answers most will simply refer you to the Good Book. Comprehension is up to you but you can refer to past threads regarding many questions.

Anonymous CarpeOro August 18, 2017 12:55 PM  

Dang it, pasted reply to wrong comment, was meant for @47.

Blogger Mastermind August 18, 2017 12:58 PM  

@56 I had to explain to Jack Murphy (no VD hostile) that the alt right is more than just Richard Spencer, and he already knew who Vox was.

"Your claim that Vox doesn't have the authority to define the Alt-Right"

Scroll up and see what I said about subtlety in strawmanning to the other dunce. All you just proved is that you are illiterate to anyone who honestly looks at what I said vs your stupid, bumbling rewrite.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother August 18, 2017 1:03 PM  

"Dumber than me"

You're drunk, Mastermind. Go home.

Blogger Giraffe August 18, 2017 1:05 PM  

@47:

If Atheism is true, it doesn't matter anyway.

Blogger Wolfman at Large August 18, 2017 1:06 PM  

One does not swear loyalty to the Evil Legions of Evil lightly. The #AltWest is the path forward. We'll try to save as many of the AltRetards as we can (or at least put helmets on them) but saving the West requires that we look forward and think about things more complicated than sending pictures of ovens to random CNN reporters. I've found a home here and I'll try to be less spergy and annoying in the future.

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. August 18, 2017 1:08 PM  

You are obviously demoralized, Mastermind; but, more importantly, what exactly is your gripe? That Vox is trying and succeeding or trying and not succeeding enough? Something else?

Tawk to me.

Anonymous Killua August 18, 2017 1:10 PM  

I am very grateful to Vox because he showed me that it doesn't matter when you have a lot of haters. Just blow them off and make your own stuff. Keep up the great work!

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother August 18, 2017 1:12 PM  

The bottom line is Vox does have the authority to define the Alt-Right. If he didn't, his 16 Points wouldn't have have been translated into 27 languages.

Blogger BassmanCO August 18, 2017 1:13 PM  

VD wrote:will buy you a beer one day should the occasion arise.

I think you mean "a nice bottle of prosecco or tempranillo."


Vox, is all prosecco exceedingly dry, or have I only been able to find shitty bottles here in Colorado?

Anonymous fop August 18, 2017 1:14 PM  

Vox, if anyone sends you a blanket in the mail - DO NOT TOUCH IT.

Anonymous crushlimbraw August 18, 2017 1:27 PM  

Vox - I am co-opting your last 3 paragraphs of this post as my operational template - because it is so well worded.
In many ways, the general idea of your statement has already been in existence in my life for the last 10-12 years - in fact, I have used the phrase that GOD simply IS, no matter what we think - but your phraseology always seems to nail everything better.
Thanks!

Blogger LES August 18, 2017 1:28 PM  

Kapper wrote:@38 The late Sam Francis called the Republicans the Stupid Party. Mitt Romney is not a Republican, he's too stupid to even be part of the Stupid Party.

I wish Sam Francis' books were republished. Was he the first real member of the Alt-Right?

Blogger artensoll August 18, 2017 1:39 PM  

You're not the only one. Also relief. I thank God nearly every day that Vox Day is on our side.

Blogger S1AL August 18, 2017 1:44 PM  

Via http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/trump-is-more-in-touch-than-you-think/

"Though eight times as many disapprove of the alt-right (48 percent) as approve of it (six percent), about half of Americans (46 percent) don’t have an opinion or are unsure.


The only categories who approve of the alt-right in double digits are Latinos (13 percent) and 18-to-29 year olds (10 percent). Six percent of Latinos approve of the KKK."

Lolwut.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 18, 2017 2:01 PM  

fop wrote:Vox, if anyone sends you a blanket in the mail - DO NOT TOUCH IT.

Lol.

Blogger Wolfman at Large August 18, 2017 2:02 PM  

@76 I think it's the Conquistador blood. They feel urge to drive the Muslims out of Iberia again but don't quite understand it.

Blogger Ben Cohen August 18, 2017 2:18 PM  

Learned so much from you over the years. How can I help? Donating to infogalactic?

Blogger LP9 August 18, 2017 2:28 PM  

Wonderful piece! Classic Day.

I want Rabbi to stay here!

79 yep donate (buy) to IG and IG Tech CHouse and Gab.

Blogger James Dixon August 18, 2017 3:10 PM  

> James Dixon, you're significantly dumber than me...

Sure I am.

> ... and aren't saying anything interesting.

That's entirely possible, in which case my responses are perfectly themed for your posts.

> Within the context I mentioned (the general public) the MSM is overwhelmingly the only thing that matters.

The cord-cutting trend is alive — and 13 percent of US homes now have broadband but no pay-TV package, a report out Wednesday revealed. http://nypost.com/2017/03/29/long-live-cord-cutting-more-homes-dropping-paid-tv-packages/

Over the past decade, the percentage reading a print newspaper the previous day has fallen by 18 points (from 41% to 23%). http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2012/10/11/number-of-americans-who-read-print-newspapers-continues-decline/

The latter was in 2012. It hasn't improved since. Tell us again how all powerful the MSM is.

Anonymous Avalanche August 18, 2017 3:59 PM  

@23 "Richard Spencer, the guy who runs "altright.com" and who is credited with coining the term."

Who USED to run Radix.com, after he DROPPED Alt Right -- and, oh by the way, he is incorrectly credited with coining the term; he certainly began the popularizing of it, but he did not create it!

Anonymous Avalanche August 18, 2017 4:05 PM  

@42 "I think you mean "a nice bottle of prosecco or tempranillo ”
Objection: that would make it a date. "

Only if there were flowers or a candle on the table - no flowers,no candle, not a date!

Blogger VD August 18, 2017 4:15 PM  

Vox, is all prosecco exceedingly dry, or have I only been able to find shitty bottles here in Colorado?

The clue is in the name. "Secco" means dry.

How can I help? Donating to infogalactic?

You have four options. Infogalactic, Castalia books, and the two upcoming "kickstarters", one for Voxiversity and the other for Alt-Hero.

Whatever floats your boat, really.

Blogger Geoarrge August 18, 2017 4:18 PM  

I find that it's especially when I don't agree with Vox, and I am forced to articulate my disagreement-- even if that only happens within the privacy of my head-- that I get a little bit smarter.

Anonymous 5343 Kinds of Deplorable August 18, 2017 4:39 PM  

Geoarrge wrote:I find that it's especially when I don't agree with Vox, and I am forced to articulate my disagreement-- even if that only happens within the privacy of my head-- that I get a little bit smarter.



Yeah. This.

Blogger John Elvidge August 18, 2017 4:50 PM  

The "truth" is what one believes, through logic and thought, to be a fact. To many though, "truth' is what they want to believe, to protect them from their own personal failings and will blame anyone, for reasons so far from any construct of logic or reason recognized by sane humans, for the really bad decisions and choices they have made during their very short and insignificant existence on this planet. I prefer to use the word 'fact' when dealing with those unable to grasp the difference. The fear of facts, of the undeniable connection that the coefficient of lift keeps planes from crashing, is now under assault. The deep seated fear of those who cling to 'muh feelings' of actual, real cause and affect, is their greatest weakness and I always use 'facts' to push them back. Truth has too much ambiguity, facts don't

Anonymous Some dude August 18, 2017 6:00 PM  

Could somebody give me some info on Voxiversity?

Thank you.

Blogger Robert What? August 18, 2017 6:36 PM  

Vox takes the bullets for most of us.

Blogger Aeoli Pera August 18, 2017 9:56 PM  

I don't really care about labels and parties and movements and such.

They care about you. But I already said my bit on that, so that's the last you'll hear of it from me.

Anonymous HoosierHillbilly August 18, 2017 10:43 PM  

The Hoosiers will stand by with support.

Anonymous Mr. Rational August 19, 2017 12:11 PM  

@47  That IS truly scary, that seeing the reality outside Plato's cave could be ultimately fatal.

You're far from the first to think of this.  In one of Niven's Draco Tavern stories, a Chirpsithtra tells a tale of whole planets of people who calmly and systematically committed suicide after making some kind of discovery.  Obviously, such is not a discovery that one would not want to make if one likes living.

I doubt there's any such thing, though.  I'd rather have a troubling truth than a comfortable lie.

@57  And there you're wrong.  "Ought" is what's good for people.  Whether or not there is a god to define it, it still exists.  Because it exists it is subject to empirical analysis.

Blogger Resident Moron™ August 19, 2017 11:23 PM  

"We can't crucify Vox."

Low ambition is a terrible thing

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts